Thursday, August 5, 2010

Chapter 2:A Day Off

It is only the second day of my new cafe but I'm not going in today, Shane is taking me out all day. We weren't going anywhere special, just to breakfast and then to do a little shopping for me, I was hoping for shoes because I needed a new pair.

"You look nice today" Shane said as he came downstairs "you always do."

"Thanks, you look pretty nice yourself for breakfast and shopping"

"Oh, well I decided to dress nice because we aren't coming home until late tonight."

"Why?"

"Because I am taking you out to Montana's for dinner" he said with a smile on his face. After I got dressed, again, we left for a late brunch. It was nice to be driven instead of driving. Once we got to the mall we went to eat, we were both starving. We ate at The Breakfast Counter, It is a nice little restaurant with great food.

"I love this restaurant" I said.

"I know, that is why I brought you here." For breakfast I had an omelet with orange juice and Shane had toast and coffee, such a party pooper always eating the same thing for breakfast everyday and not trying something new.

"You are so boring, you eat the same thing for breakfast everyday" I said.

"Well I am marrying you, aren't I?" I could feel the dirty look on my face and then he said "Kidding"

"Ya, you better be" I teased. After eating breakfast we went to the shoe store, for me of course, Shane didn't need new shoes. "How about these" I said as I picked up a pair of strappy heels. Even though I don't wear heels much I thought I should start so I told Shane that those were the shoes I wanted.

"Those are the shoes you want?" I nodded my head. "Okay, but I have no clue how you are going to walk in them."

"Give them to me and I will show you." After he gave them to me and I got them all strapped up, I stood up. I felt like I wasn't gonna tip over but I still had to try to walk in them. I took my first step and I didn't tip so I walked to the counter and back to Shane and I didn't feel the least bit wobbly.

"Wow, I thought you would fall on your face."

"Ya, so did I." When I took them off we went to pay for them. "I love these, I should wear them right now" I said.

"Ya, you should and they match your outfit perfectly."

"Okay." When we got to a bench we sat down and I put my heels on. There were a lot of straps and I had a bit of a hard time doing them up but I figured them out.

*************

At around six o' clock we went to Montana's and surprisingly when we sat down my feet weren't killing me as they normally do after I wear heels, these ones were actually very comfortable. When we sat down we started to look at our menus and I decided to order the baked chicken penne and Shane was probably ordering their ribs. At that time the waitress was coming back with our drink orders, Shane had ordered a pepsi and I ordered a diet coke.

After she brought our drinks she took our food orders and I was right, Shane ordered ribs, like I said before such a party pooper. After we were done eating we went home and I went upstairs while Shane put our coats up. When he came up he started kissing me, when he stopped I asked "What was that for"

"You'll see" he said as he started kissing me again and pulling me onto the bed.

....XOXO....

No comments:

Post a Comment